Thursday, February 5, 2009

At Last?

File this one under, "Snap."

Etta James is apparently going to whup Beyonce's ass. I haven't seen Beyonce's version of "At Last" from the Inaugural, nor have I watched really any of the events from the Inauguration. I guess maybe I should at some point, and I imagine they are all up on youtube for all to see.

Anyone see Cadillac Records, yet? What's next, anyway, in this line of movies, after Dream Girls and Cadillac Records? Is there gonna be a Stax movie? Or (closer to home) one about Philadelphia International Records? (It's pretty obvious what this movie should be called, right? It's gotta be Love Train.) Or one about Def Jam?

Anyway, Cadillac Records is on the list of movies I need to see when I get back to the states. Other movies on the list include:

Milk
Slumdog Millionaire
The Wrestler
Che
Gran Torino
Frost/Nixon
Tropic Thunder

Am I missing anything obvious?

And while we're on the topic of asses getting whupped, here's some classic Wesley Willis.


No comments: