Monday, March 2, 2009

The Country Music Station Plays Soft (Part 1)

Haven't blogged in a while as I've been traveling (travelling?) all across the country in planes, trains, and automobiles (and buses). Cath and I are here in Memphis, where we were greeted unexpectedly by 9 inches of snow on the ground. What's the deal with that? I thought this was, you know, the south.
But anyway, there was something funny about all of this. Today I saw a guy spreading some salt on the sidewalk to melt the ice. However, down here they clearly don't have the big bags of salt specifically for this purpose that we have back in the north. So the guy had a standard 1-lb salt container with the little metal spout that he was shaking on the sidewalk. And for some reason, this just cracked me up. And, reminded me of a song from a friend's band.

No comments: