Tuesday, March 3, 2009

For Reasons I Cannot Explain

I think fair use applies to this marker, since it's probably US government property. Otherwise, you can take all the pictures you want in Graceland (where I went today), but can't use any of them for commercial or public use (I forget the exact wording) without checking with Elvis Presley Enterprises first. So I am probably going to want to include images of Graceland in my dissertation (and I took a LOT of them today), but I guess I'm going to have to consult with some lawyers sometime in the next few years.

Graceland sure was expensive, but I actually thought it was quite nice. The included audio guide was very well done, with a good basic tour and then a bunch of optional things you could cue up to listen to explanations of a lot of the exhibits. Definitely worth checking out if you're into this sort of thing (or into studying this sort of thing).

No comments: